Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday Oct. 17th Sunny and cool

I have been enjoying the colorful trees in my front yard. Soon it will be bare. 
I have nearly finished the quilting on the Sunbonnet Sue. Will send the two quilts off to Louisiana. My friend Carolyn did not get up North this year. I tried to send her an e-mail and put .net  instead of .com So now I am all set and we have talked on the phone and e-mailed each other.
My son is making pizza tonight. Has a great recipe from Mary Webber's Frugal Family Kitchen Book. I have followed her on local TV when I lived in Southern Maine. Now I follow her blog.
Hope to meet her when I get down to Yarmouth.  Have a wonderful weekend. We have apples to pick and pumpkins. ENJOY !

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Alice, Hope your pizza was tasty...nice your son can cook...did you play a role in his learning to cook? Hope all is well in Maine...we plan to be in Freeport in January...we don't mind the snow or cold, just the driving in it...sounds like your fall foliage is grand. Take care, Beth

Alice Goldsmith said...

Hi Elizabeth, The pizza was great. My son learned to cook from both his Dad and me.
His Dad loved to bake pies and do all sorts of cooking.
I had not had an apple pie since he passed away.
Then with all the apples ....my son made me an apple pie and it was wonderful.
Maine was a blaze of color this year. Alice